Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 17--A piece of art that moves me

I'm in a bad mood today. Just putting that out there before I post.

A piece of art that moves me is a dance my sister-in-law choreographed for her and my mother-in-law's dance school recital this past spring. She taught it to her advanced lyrical class. It was a dance for Calla. It was stunning. And I have the dvd in my hands and can't for the life of me get it either on my computer or into this post.

So, blergh. That's what it is.

Also, I have always loved "Christina's World" by Andrew Wyeth. C thinks it is depressing. I find it hopeful, and inspiring, and it makes me want to stop feeling sorry for myself. And, when I was little and a reproduction hung in my grandmother's house, I always thought it was a picture of my mom. I obviously didn't know the piece's backstory then.

Hoping for a better mood tomorrow. Off to snarl and gnash my teeth in solitude. Rowf.

No comments:

Post a Comment