Saturday, June 18, 2011

Three

Tomorrow, Sunday, Fathers' Day, it's E's third birthday. And yes, time has gone from amble to sprint in that short time. Three years ago right now I was getting ready to go to the hospital, ready to be induced, ready for this gender-unknown baby to be born ALREADY, ten days past his due date. I kissed the dog goodbye, sad that he wouldn't be the baby anymore.

And now. Happy birthday to my first born, my first baby love, my companion through happiness and sorrow, my alarm clock, my truck driver, my bookworm, my human megaphone, my tricyclist extraordinaire.

If I could list everything I love about this boy I would, but there's no space big enough to contain it. My heart is full to bursting every time I look at his sweet face, even when he makes me want to rip out my hair. Oh, three.

Happy birthday, Eliot. We love you oh so very much.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful boy. Happy birthday! So hard to believe that we went through our first pregnancies together, yet we didn't know of each other, didn't know of such great loss and had NO idea what was ahead. I'm so, so glad your little boy arrived safely.
    Enjoy a very fun day tomorrow and I'll be thinking of you all.
    Much love.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three is a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Eliot—and to his mama!

    ReplyDelete